Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Turning something plain ol' plain into something beautiful :)

So, on Mother's Day, my Mom got these beautiful tiny little roses.. They were so pretty. 
I wanted to make them last longer and make something with them..
So... 
 Once they dried up, I plucked them all off and put them in a baggy like the girl I am.. :)
I got a few supplies, including things I had at home, and this is what I came up with! 


Here is the starting piece.
I have a box of different colors paints, so I chose a few of my favorites; white, blush, and silver.. then mixed them together.
After a little bit of painting, I finished the top piece with a metallic paint we have for the kitchen cabinets we are redoing ;)
Plus a few of those gorgeous dried flowers I told you about...
...and voila :) 
 I think I will use it for a paper weight in my office, or put on the side of my bed.. either way, it's girly, and because I am a girl, I LOVE IT.

No comments: